Sometimes during an election we focus so much on who we want to win, that we lose sight of something that's equally important -- who we want to lose.
With that in mind I decided to compile a list of candidates I would love to see lose on January 23rd.
Here’s what I came up with:
1. Belinda Stronach – No explanation I think is necessary.
2. Svend Robinson – Never mind his loony left-wing politics, if Robinson ever gets elected it will cost taxpayers a fortune to pay for all those little chains they will have to attach to the pens in the House of Commons.
3. Scott Brison – An unprincipled turncoat who once tried to smear the National Citizens Coalition. But hey this isn’t personal.
4. Sid Ryan – union boss who has lost about 100 elections in a row. Why spoil the streak?
5. Jean Lapierre – Just want to see if he will go back to being a separatist if he loses.
6. Michael Ignatieff – The last thing we need is another left wing intellectual in the House of Commons.
7. Olivia Chow – Ok relax. Chow is on this list because of her politics; it has nothing to do with dogs of any breed.
8. Ralph Goodale – A Liberal MP from Western Canada? It just doesn’t make sense.
9. Anne McLellan – Surely she has to lose sometime.
10. Bonnie Brown – You probably don’t recognize her name. But she’s the Liberal MP from my town of Oakville. A complete non-entity, she is the poor man's Carolyn Parrish, only with less charm.
OK I’ve done my bit.
Now it’s up to the voters.