Monday, August 20, 2007

Liberty Weekend


I had a wonderful time this weekend attending the Liberty Summer Seminar.

Got a chance to give a talk entitled: "Pigs, Power and Politics: Fighting for Freedom Che Guevara style". That went over well.

Also got a chance to meet old friends and to make news ones.

But the the highlight of the weekend had to be when Seminar organizer Peter Jaworski presented me with an award.

That's right, I was the proud recipient of the Peter M. Jaworksi Freedom Medal, which really, really looks like the cap off a beer botte.

Oh and I was also named an "Associate" of the Institute for Liberal Studies.

So all in all, it was a pretty good weekend.

4 comments:

The Atavist said...

Congratulations! I am quite envious and suddenly very thirsty. Where is the beer bottle from which the bottle cap was taken? Are the contents intact?

Matt said...

Gerry, great talk! One of the highlights of the weekend for me.

Thanks again.

Gerry Nicholls said...

Well Atavist, Peter actually confiscated the beer. And thanks Matt, I truly enjoyed it.

WE Speak said...

For those that missed it:

"Pigs, Power and Politics: Fighting for Freedom Che Guevara-style"