Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Cambodian War Crimes

A United Nations-backed tribunal will soon be holding historic war crimes trials in Cambodia

The accused will be the surviving members of the Khmer Rouge government, which
is believed to have murdered more than one million people between 1975 and 1979.

The massacres, of course, were carried out in the name of creating a Utopian communist society.

I was a university student when these horrors were taking place and I remember having this left-wing political science professor who assured us that the news we had been hearing about the notorious Cambodian"killing fields" was actually a CIA hoax designed to discredit the heroic, anti-imperialist Khmer Rouge.

I sometimes wonder if that professor is still around.

And if he is, I wonder if he telling his students the 9/11 attacks were a CIA hoax.

Probably, old habits die hard.

H/T Dr. Roy

3 comments:

Roy Eappen said...

Very sad. Was he a Vietnam draft dodger?

Steve said...

He took his cue from Chomsky and Chomsky is still around.

Unknown said...

I can never figure out why people like that aren't branded in the same way that Holocaust deniers are.
(Though I have a hard time believing anyone could think 9/11 was a hoax... the nuttiest people I've met stopped at a South Parkish "George Bush controls everything" theory.)