Sunday, February 25, 2007

That's Not Entertainment

Hey tonight is Oscar night!!

Who cares!

I sure won't be watching.

Oh I used to watch the Academy Awards to see the stars and the glitz.

But I stopped when it dawned on me that 99.9 percent of what Hollywood produces is pure junk.

So why stay up until 1:00 AM to watch an industry pat itself on the back for the .01 percent of its product which is any good.

Besides in recent years the Awards Show has come to look less like a Hollywood celebration and more like a Democratic Party convention.

And tonight I suspect the Academy voters will go all "Dixie Chicks" and give Al Gore an Oscar.

Gore, of course, is nominated in the hotly contested category: "Left-wing propaganda movies aimed at making George Bush look bad."

Other than that I don't have a clue who will win, as I have not seen any of the nominated movies.

But here's a good synopsis of the "Best Movie" contenders.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aw, I liked Little Miss Sunshine.