As people who read this blog well know, I hate to toot my own horn.
But in this case, I will make an exception, since the National Post has made a letter I wrote to the paper "Letter of the Day".
It's essentially a re-working of a posting I wrote, yesterday, but since I can't think of anything else to post today, I will reprint it here:
Re: Dion Drafts Main Rivals for 'Dream Team,' Dec. 20.
Stephane Dion has supposedly put the federal Liberals on a pre-election footing with the formation of a "dream team." But what are the duties of each member? As far as I can figure, they are as follows:
- Michael Ignatieff: Try not to look like a sore loser.
- Gerard Kennedy: Patiently await the proper moment to undermine Dion's leadership.
- Martha Hall Findlay: Go around the country reminding everybody she is the woman on the dream team.
- Ken Dryden: Give as many speeches as possible so Dion looks charismatic by comparison.
- Scott Brison: Keep everybody else awake during Dryden's speeches.
- Bob Rae: Convince left-wing voters that Liberals can be socialists too.
Sheesh, with a "dream" like that who needs nightmares?