Thursday, February 02, 2006

Those Darned Yankees

Diehard Yankees fan Paul Tuns takes exception to my post comparing the current Liberal Party to a declining New York Yankees team of the mid-1960s.

Writes Paul:

“The Yanks had great characters and likeable players (Yogi Berra, Joe DiMaggio, Lou Gehrig, to name just a few) during their dynastic run. Who'd the Liberals have that you could like, let alone admire?”

He has a point.

But let’s face it, Paul is really upset with me because I had the audacity to remind him that there actually was a period in baseball history when the Yanks didn’t rule the roost.

Of course, I can’t blame him for being a tad stressed out.

I mean it’s been a whole five years since the Bronx Bombers last won a championship.

For Yankee fans that’s an eternity.

No comments: