Wednesday, October 11, 2006

All Politics is Local

It’s municipal election season in Ontario meaning I must give some serious thought to the various local candidates.

And after much pondering, I’ve decided two of my town’s mayoralty candidates have the snappiest slogans.

Janice Wright, for instance, has “Wright4Mayor” plastered on her signs.

Pretty clever eh?

The other one I like comes from the Chris Stoate campaign --- “Vote for Stoate”.

Sure it’s not fancy, but it’s short, to the point and easy to remember.

Plus I like Stoate because he’s against a stupid tree by-law I also opposed.

Of course, if I ever run for Mayor I have a slogan all ready to go: Save Dollars with Nicholls.

Now that will get me elected.

2 comments:

Matt said...

If I were running against you I'd use "Don't take any wooden Nicholls."

Consider yourself lucky I'd support you.

Gerry Nicholls said...

Matt:

Remind me to keep you on my side.