Thursday, January 18, 2007

I'm not an evil reptilian demon

Had the pleasure to give a speech today in Kitchener to the Confederation Club.

I met a lot of great people and had a wonderful time.

Blogger Brian from Cambridge, who attended the speech, has a write up on my talk here.

Check it out.

Key quote: 'I also had the opportunity to talk to Gerry, and he is a very nice, decent man, not the evil reptilian demon from hell that the Buzzistanians make him out to be."

Thanks Brian, it's good to see you appreciated my true nature.

Now if you will excuse me I am going to look for a nice hot rock to rest on.

3 comments:

rondi adamson said...

Perhaps Brian from Cambridge can explain what "self-defacing" is. Unless he means that you hack at your own face with an icepick or something.

Brian said...

Ah hell, you caught me out.

Lets try self-effacing.

It looked right yesterday.

Gerry Nicholls said...

Rondi:

I appreciate your efforts to protect the English language, but really your phraseology (hacking my face with icepick) is a bit much.

Indeed, the very notion of messing up my boyish good looks is troubling.