Thursday, August 31, 2006

Lunch with Ruby


Liberal leadership front-runner Michael Ignatieff has come up with an interesting way to raise funds.

He's auctioning off a lunch with the attractive Liberal MP, Ruby Dhalla!!

According to the sales pitch Ruby is a "health care provider, businesswoman and currently sits as an MP for Brampton-Springdale. Meet her for lunch and discuss anything from politics to parliamentary procedure. Location to be determined, but know this – anywhere you are, Ruby’s probably been there twice this year already!"

No word, however, on Ruby's "turn ons" and "turn offs".

Now I don't have a problem with this idea, but it seems to me the supposedly "progressive" Liberal Party would not want to be seen auctioning off its female MPs the highest bidder.

And I wonder what the women's movement thinks about this?

Needless to say, I will be watching this experiment closely. If it works maybe I will employ it to raise funds for the National Citizens Coalition.

OK any ladies out there interested in having lunch with me?

We will start the bidding at 50 cents.

No comments: