Pundits are saying Liberal leader Michael Ignatieff would be making a big mistake if he forced an election this fall.
In fact, here are five reasons Michael Ignatieff should pull the plug:
* If Canada has 10 elections before 2010, the next one is free.
* Running in the fall will provide the Liberal leader with great anecdotes for his lectures when he returns to University teaching in the winter.
* Improving economy means all the Liberal MPs sure to be defeated will have an easier time finding a job.
* May distract Warren Kinsella enough to keep him suing anybody.
* A federal election in November will help prepare Canadians for the next federal election in December.