OK let's review what's gone on so far during the 2008 federal election:
* The Prime Minister of Canada apologizes for a defecating puffin.
* The Liberal leader who had branded himself a "green" champion doesn't want to talk about his major "green" campaign plank. (Oh wait, it was the media who called it a "major" plank.)
* The Agriculture Minister tries out a little shock jock humour and gets bad reviews.
* The NDP campaign resembles Bill and Ted's Excellent adventure.
* A Conservative candidate resigns, apparently for espousing conservative ideas.
* Bob Rae is using this election to audition for the next Liberal leadership race.
I can't wait to see what happens next.