One of the tactics left-wing politicians like to use to attack Prime Minister Stepehen Harper is to suggest he is a "George Bush clone."
They do this, I suppose, because both Bush and Harper are, at least nominally, conservatives.
So fair is fair. If it's OK to call Harper a Bush clone, it should also be alright to label NDP leader Jack Layton a "Hugo Chavez clone".
Chavez, the soon-to-be dictator of Venezuela, like Layton is a socialist.
So if Layton ever becomes Prime Minister here is what he will do if he follows the Chavez model:
* Change the constitution to allow himself to assume the role of "president for life".
* Shut down the country's private media.
* Expropriate private property on a massive scale.
* Nationalize oil companies.
* Set up alliances with terrorist-supporting regimes.
* Form deep friendship with Sean Penn.
All hail Chariman Jack!