With its 140 character limit, it's really the ideal form for political communication -- it forces you to get a message out in a concise manner, without a lot of substance.
Plus, it's like having access to your own private online news service.
Anyway, anybody who wants to "Follow" me can do so here: www.twitter.com/gerrynic
See below my top tweets from the last week or so:
* Desperate #LPC considers replacing Michael Ingatieff in TV debate with Pierre Trudeau's Panama hat.
* NDP to release platform today. In unrelated news, Canadians experience massive yawning epidemic.
*Here's a deal for Liz May: I will support her getting in debates if she starts opposing stupid tax on grocery store plastic bags!
*Item from #GPC platform: Sacrifice Ezra Levant to "some sort of Earth deity"
*Don't want want to say the LPC is having $ problems, but Michael Ignatieff's "open letter" on health care arrived with postage due!
*Glad to see #cpc determined to eliminate the deficit, since they are the ones who created it.
* New poll shows race tightening: 48% say elxn more boring than watching paint dry; 45% say paint drying slightly less boring.
*News flash: After putting journalists in platform "lock up" today, the #CPC "accidently" loses the key
* Elections: A period in a democracy when citizens exercise their right to learn all the dirty secrets of those running for office.
*Possible scandal: Turns out former Conservative leader John A. Macdonald was not born in
* Spoiler Alert: The surprise ending of Canadian election -- Michael Ignatieff is really Stephen Harper's son!
* News flash: Green leader Elizabeth May is taking
to court for inventing "First past the post" electoral system Britain
* News flash: Student complains Liberal security team forced her to attend Ignatieff rally!