Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Liberty Fund Getaway

I will be in Montreal over the weekend to participate in a Liberty Fund colloquium,

These are fantastic seminars which bring together about a dozen or so libertarian/conservative academics, activists and journalists for the purpose of discussing and debating liberty-related issues.

Preparing for this little get together requires that I read some pretty serious literature, which is what I have been doing for the past week or so.

When I get back expect me to be start quoting guys like Hayek and Von Mises.

2 comments:

Iain G. Foulds said...

... Perhaps, now is not the time for "serious texts".
... Libertarians tend to lose 98% of the people with their "serious texts"- droning on about epistimology and objectivism etc.
... I believe that we should all be on the same simple, clear page- teaching the primary lesson of recognising individualism vs. social and economic collectivism.

Anonymous said...

episto what? Gerry,have fun in Quebec. You'll be glad to get away from the old ball and chain for a few days.