In what seems an awful lot like a pre-election blitz, Conservative Cabinet Ministers and MPs are fanning out across the country to brag about all the government spending entailed in the "Economic Action Plan".
That's the plan remember that burdened Canada with a massively huge deficit.
And while they are at it, Tory MPs will also announce about $261 million in new spending initiatives.
Nothing new about this, of course.
Politicians have been bribing voters with their own money since the days of Ancient Rome. (Vote for Quintus and get a new Colosseum.)
However, let's be clear exactly what the Tories are crowing about.
All their spending will mean:
* Bigger deficits, more national debt.
* Future taxes on our children
* More public investment at the expense of private investment
* Less money for Canadians to spend as they see fit
* Bigger government
* A resurrection of Keynesian mythology
When you look at it that way, maybe instead of bragging, the Conservatives should be apologizing.