So when I saw a book called 2000 Insults for all Occasions at the bi-annual Oakville library book sale (where they sell books for something like 10 cents a pound) I snapped it up.
According to the blurb on the back of the book it's jam-packed with "on-the-spot ammunition that will annihilate your antagonist with the squelch of the party!"
Oh boy, I can't wait for some wise guy to take me on because now I can sting him with zingers like these:
- You got a fat chance to get me sore -- and a head to match!
- While you don't get yourself X-rayed to see what people see in you.
- I don't know what makes you tick, but I hope it's a time bomb.
- I can't think what I will do without you, but it's worth a try.
- Don't you ever get tired of having yourself around?
Upon closer examination, I see this book was published in 1965; maybe people were easier to insult back then.